2016 Process Improvements
- Set up New Long Running job Alerts
- Set up PriceSync script to enable hourly sync of modified files between Active Pricing Server and Backup Pricing Server
- Develop a better Process for Requesting AATA Scheduling Changes using the aj script
- Set Up a Dynamic Scheduling Flow to run Non-BNYM user Bank Copies and other weekend Processes using the Data File controlled mechanism.
On-going Process Improvements
- Migrating Filewatchers from PriceProd2 to autosys.
- Migrating Filewatchers from bnymprice2 to autosys.
Add Features to autojil
-db -ovparms -rpparms -rtparms -oj -ntry -smins -rwin -wfile -wint -tic Change the discription to Added/Changed depending upon new job or updated job Add quotes to Description STDOUT, STDERR and PROFILE
Autosys Demo for Automation and Engineering
- Capabilities: central scheduler for all servers.
- Comparison to cron (monitored, etc;)
- Centrally Managed system.
- Ops watch 24x7
- Errors are recorded in Tickets.
- Dedicated Scheduling Team to maintain the scheduler
- GUI overview
- Future - iDash, control more machines
- Examples of succesful implementations:
- Invest One batch: Currently runs ~28,000 jobs for InvestOne Xamin and Decalog.
- DBA - over 750+ DBA jobs centrally managed for The DBA’s
- System Backups - Autosys coordinates with Net Backup Scheduler to control how many jobs of what kind can run at a time)
- SDE / Data Link - Autosys coordinates with Enterprise Scheduler to run SDE with Batch